Saturday, October 6, 2012

How Body Modification Has Evolved




Body modifications sure have come a long way over the years. People used to get just simple piercings and tattoos. I remember when I got my ears pierced all the way up on both of my ears, people flipped. Two or three holes per ear were ok, but six, nobody thought any woman should have that many holes in her ears. I did not care and I kept on with my piercings and my tattoos. I was talking to a friend of mine recently who is a tattoo artist and he had mentioned that one of his friends is now doing piercings. He said if I wanted to be a guinea pig I could get myself hooked up with a freebie. Who am I to look a gift horse in the mouth? I talked to another friend of mine and we decided that we were going to get ourselves a new piercing.


When we got to the guy’s shop he had a few people there waiting in line. Apparently, the word had gotten out that this guy was starting up his own shop. Word of mouth is definitely the best way to get your name out there and increase your business. People were there getting all kinds of body piercings. We saw people getting tongues, lips, and belly buttons pierced. That’s what I went for, my belly button and the friend that came with me decided that she was going to get her ears stretched up one more size. She had thought about it, but it wasn’t until we were actually going to get piercings done that she decided to go up to a bigger size.


I love how cool all of the different body modifications are getting now. People walk around with so many tattoos they look like a walking piece of art! It’s totally awesome. I think it’s great that more people are becoming accepting of people like my friend who come to work with body plugs in their ears.  People have definitely started to open their minds when it comes to body modifications. They sure weren’t as accepting of this chick when she first started out a few years ago!

No comments:

Post a Comment