Monday, June 25, 2012

Cool For School

Cool For School

Cool For School by carolyn-joy-derby featuring gothic skirts

Today was a school day for me - well college actually. As part of my internship at the magazine I attend college once or twice a week. On those days I let my own style out to play!  There isn't really a 'uniform' or dress code at work, but there is a preferred look. You need to be chic and trendy but not too edgy! I tend to tone down my look on work days.

In street clothes, I'm sort of a punky, gothy, alternative rock chic - I don't like labels! So today I put together a nice look for school which I feel comfortable in. I team my absolute favourite wasted youth shirt from BMA Modified with a black and red plaid mini kilt and some stunning mary janes in red and black. My lips were n0t quite black, more of a gunmetal grey and I went with glitter shadow and lots of eyeliner on my eyes! Who says goth can't be glitter? As it is always cool in class I grabbed my current favorite pale grey leopard print zip through hoodie - so just for fun I switched to my Snow leopard power plugs to match!

I like the overall look! Scotty says its a bit Lolita but I don't care, that's just how I roll!

No comments:

Post a Comment